For every transfer we will:
- Offer independent advice on your Contract and Form 1 when prepared by an agent.
- Check that there are no outstanding charges and advise you in relation to encumbrances or easements.
- Calculate the amount of the rates and taxes payable by you.
- Prepare a settlement statement showing the net amount that you will pay or receive.
- Prepare the documents to transfer the property.
- Co-ordinate and attend the settlement on your behalf.
- Notify SA Water, the Council and any Strata/Community Corporation of the change of ownership.
- Attend to various other tasks related to your transaction.
Plus when selling:
- Arrange for the discharge of any mortgage and collect your title from the bank.
- Deposit the proceeds of sale in your bank account or post them to you by registered mail.
- Liaise with the agent and obtain the details of the commission and other fees.
- Pay any outstanding amounts to the Council, SA Water, Land Tax, Emergency Service Levy, Strata/Community Levy etc.
Plus when buying:
- Advise you about property insurance
- Arrange payment of the stamp duty on the Transfer.
- Advise you about owing as “Joint Tenants” or “Tenants in Common”.
- Liaise with your bank to confirm the amount being borrowed and to ensure it is paid at settlement.
- Advise on any Stamp Duty Concessions and Federal Grants where applicable.
- Advise you of the special obligations when buying a Strata/Community titled property.
We can prepare a private Contract and Form 1 (cooling off rights) and give independent advice on the “special conditions” for your contract.
We are property specialists…we also attend to:
- Powers of Attorney
- Business Sales
- Changes of names on titles
- Land divisions, Torrens Title or Community Title
- Family transfers
- Private Mortgages
- Caveats and Liens.